October is Georgia Archives Month! The 2021 theme is "Salute to Medicine: A celebration of the medical profession and the archives that document the field." Visit https://blog.dlg.galileo.usg.edu/?p=7957
The DLG site may be unavailable on Saturday October 23rd due to network maintenance.
Select "Records and Full text" to search both the metadata and available full text.
Select "Records" to search only metadata for items. (All items have metadata.)
Select "Full text" to search only the scanned or transcribed text for items. (Not all items have full text)
LaGrange College collections in the Internet Archive
Description LaGrange College is a private, Methodist affiliated liberal arts college, first chartered as LaGrange Female Academy, in 1831 in the west Georgia town of LaGrange. The charter was amended in 1847 to change the school's name to LaGrange Female Institute and to grant baccalaureate degrees. In 1851, the school's official name became LaGrange Female College. It was purchased in 1857 by the Georgia Conference of the Methodist E. Church, South (now North Georgia Conference of the Methodist Church). The college's name was changed to LaGrange College in 1934 although it remained an all women's school until the mid-1940s, becoming officially coed in 1953. This collection from the Frank and Laura Lewis Library features material from the archives including the course bulletins and catalogs. The 1848 catalog is the earliest known catalog for the institution.