- Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection: African-Americans in the Augusta, Ga. Vicinity (Richmond Co.), circa 1872-1898
- [Photograph of African American children posed with a toy wagon in front of a fence in or near Richmond County, Georgia, late 19th century]
- Williams, Robert E., d. 1937
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Georgia--Richmond County--1870-1910
Clothing & dress
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, 33.3596349, -82.0735491
- black-and-white photographs
- Document digitized by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2000, as part of GALILEO.
This is a photograph of six African American children posed with a toy wagon in front of a wooden fence. The two youngest children, a boy and a girl, both dressed in white, ride in the wagon and look toward a smiling boy with a hat and what looks like a sailor's nap holding the handle of the wagon. The three other children, two girls in dresses and a boy, stand behind the wagon. It is clear that at least two of the children, perhaps all of them, are wearing lace-up shoes. The fence is almost twice their size and made of planks at least a foot wide.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The material on this site is the property of the University of Georgia Libraries. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as a statement of availability pertaining to the appropriate owning institution is included in the text.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of photograph], Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library