- Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection: African-Americans in the Augusta, Ga. Vicinity (Richmond Co.), circa 1872-1898
- [Photograph of four African Americans in front of a wooden house in or near Richmond County, Georgia, late 19th century]
- Williams, Robert E., d. 1937
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Georgia--Richmond County--1870-1910
Clothing & dress
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, 33.35963, -82.07355
- black-and-white photographs
- Document digitized by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2000, as part of GALILEO.
This is a photograph of four apparently middle-aged adults standing in front of a wood house with a rock chimney. There appears to be snow on the ground. There are three women wearing what appears to be white kerchiefs tied around their heads, probably as protection against the cold, and white aprons over their dresses. The man appears to wear a white kerchief tied around his head in the same manner, also as if he is protecting himself from the cold. He wears a formal dark suit. The house appears to be a small one room cabin.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- The material on this site is the property of the University of Georgia Libraries. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as a statement of availability pertaining to the appropriate owning institution is included in the text.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of photograph], Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library