- Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection: African-Americans in the Augusta, Ga. Vicinity (Richmond Co.), circa 1872-1898
- [Photograph of an African American woman driving an oxcart in or near Richmond County, Georgia, late 19th century]
Woman driving oxcart
- Williams, Robert E., d. 1937
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Georgia--Richmond County--1870-1910
Carts & wagons
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, 33.3596349, -82.0735491
- black-and-white photographs
- Document digitized by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2000, as part of GALILEO.
Photograph of an African American woman driving an oxcart down a dirt road. The woman wears a kerchief on her head. The oxcart is relatively empty, and the ox appears to be emaciated. The woman drives through a residential area characterized by a row of houses behind a fence.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The material on this site is the property of the University of Georgia Libraries. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as a statement of availability pertaining to the appropriate owning institution is included in the text.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of photograph], Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library