- Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection: African-Americans in the Augusta, Ga. Vicinity (Richmond Co.), circa 1872-1898
- [Photograph of an African American family's cabin in or near Richmond County, Georgia, late 19th century]
- Williams, Robert E., d. 1937
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Georgia--Richmond County--1870-1910
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, 33.35963, -82.07355
- black-and-white photographs
- Document digitized by the Digital Library of Georgia in 1999, as part of GALILEO.
Photograph of an African American family's cabin in the woods. The cabin is made of wood and has a chimney. There are many spaces in the planks of the cabin. Two women wearing aprons stand at the front door of the cabin, and a child sits on the doorstep. A small boy stands in front of the cabin in the yard and pulls a small cart with two wheels. Bushes and a chair are also in the yard.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Rights Holder:
- The material on this site is the property of the University of Georgia Libraries. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as a statement of availability pertaining to the appropriate owning institution is included in the text.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of photograph], Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library