- Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection: African-Americans in the Augusta, Ga. Vicinity (Richmond Co.), circa 1872-1898
- [Photograph of two African American men sitting on an oxcart in or near Richmond County, Georgia, late 19th century]
Men on oxcart
- Williams, Robert E., d. 1937
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Georgia--Richmond County--1870-1910
Carts & wagons
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, 33.3596349, -82.0735491
- black-and-white photographs
- Document digitized by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2000, as part of GALILEO.
Photograph of two African American men driving down a dirt road in a wooden wagon pulled by an ox and filled with sticks. Both men wear jackets and hats. One man drives the cart, and the other man sits with his back facing the side of the wagon. There are poles on both sides of the dirt road. In the distance, there is a house with a chimney.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The material on this site is the property of the University of Georgia Libraries. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as a statement of availability pertaining to the appropriate owning institution is included in the text.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of photograph], Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library