- Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection: African-Americans in the Augusta, Ga. Vicinity (Richmond Co.), circa 1872-1898
- [Photograph of African American men on chain gang digging ditches while three white guards look on in distance]
- Williams, Robert E., d. 1937
- Date of Original:
- African Americans--Georgia--Richmond County--1870-1910
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, 33.3596349, -82.0735491
- black-and-white photographs
- Digital image of black and white photograph taken in the late 19th century, scanned by the University of Georgia Libraries in 1999 as part of GALILEO.
Photograph of five African American men in chain gang digging ditches while three white overseers look on from distance.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- The material on this site is the property of the University of Georgia Libraries. It may be used freely by individuals for research, teaching, and personal use as long as a statement of availability pertaining to the appropriate owning institution is included in the text.
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of photograph], Robert E. Williams Photographic Collection, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 photoprint : b&w
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library