- Vanishing Georgia
- D.F.L. Jones, Architect and Builder
- Date of Original:
Cable cars (Streetcars)--Georgia--Columbus
Cities and towns--Georgia--Columbus
- United States, Georgia, Muscogee County, Columbus, 32.46098, -84.98771
- Columbus, ca. 1895-1900. Springer Opera House located at Tenth St. and First Ave. was built in 1871 by Francis Joseph Springer, an immigrant to America. He was the main investor in the $40,000 venture which provided a forum for cultural and entertainment activities. D.F.L. Jones, an architect and builder, later remodeled it. Note streetcar, carriages, buggies.
Caption reads: D.F.L. Jones Architect and Builder
2003/07/08: This house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Rights Holder:
- Held by Georgia Archives, 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260.
Contact repository re: reproduction and usage.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- Georgia Archives