Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company photographs, 1961-1962, undated
Black-and-white photographs of geographic locations in Atlanta and the state of Georgia taken from 1961 to 1962.
More About This Collection
Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company photograph, VIS 112, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center.
Date of Original
Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, Ga.)
Atlanta Municipal Airport (Atlanta, Ga.)
East Lake Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.)
Atlanta Municipal Auditorium (Atlanta, Ga.)
Wren's Nest (Atlanta, Ga.)
Agnes Scott College
Little White House (Warm Springs, Ga.)
United States, Georgia, Dawson County, 34.4443, -84.17064
United States, Georgia, Dawson County, Amicalola Falls, 34.56398, -84.23964
United States, Georgia, Hall County, Gainesville, 34.29788, -83.82407
United States, Georgia, Liberty County, 31.80723, -81.45626
United States, Georgia, Liberty County, Midway, 31.80577, -81.43066
United States, Georgia, Rabun County, Lake Burton, 34.8337988, -83.5537159
United States, Georgia, Stephens County, Toccoa Falls, 34.59371, -83.35822
United States, Georgia, Ware County, Okefenokee Swamp, 30.6668928, -82.3331791
This collection is comprised primarily of photographs of geographic locations in Atlanta and the state of Georgia. They were obtained by Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company through the course of business and were probably used to promote their services as a printing company. The photographs were taken by commercial photographers and photojournalists such as Edgar Orr (active 1922-1964), Kenneth Rogers (Head of the Constitution's Photography department, and later the head of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Magazine, active from 1924-1972), Carolyn Carter (Rogers' photography assistant at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution), and Ken Patterson. The bulk of the collection consists of aerial images of downtown Atlanta but the collection also includes many images of rural areas across Georgia., Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company was founded in 1920 as Atlanta Blue Print Company. Businessman Thomas L. Johnson (1900-1955), took over the company in 1922. Johnson was also a football referee for the Southeastern Conference. Originally located on Auburn Avenue, the company changed location several times before settling at 1052 West Peachtree Street. The name of the company changed in 1994 to Imaging Technologies Services. Headquartered in Atlanta, the company is now a supplier of imaging services in the southeastern United States. It operates branches in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Atlanta History Center