Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Julia King Collection
- Letter from Julia R. King to Mrs. Donald F. Martin, 1950
- Date of Original:
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States, Florida, Brevard County, Merritt Island, 28.53917, -80.672
- Letter from Julia R. King at "King's Land," Merritt Island, Florida, dated September 26, 1950, to Mrs. Donald F. Martin in Flemington, Georgia. Notes failing to tell recipient in last letter about the wharf that her grandfather Roswell [King] had built into the river northwest of his house, and the road he had had cut into the bluff sloping down to a sandy beach so that people could walk down there to swim and "the stable men could lead the carriage horses" down to give them a salt bath. Describes and praises "'Ware Sherman," Joseph LeConte's memoir of his Civil War experience in Liberty County.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- 11 pages
- Holding Institution:
- Midway Museum (Midway, Ga.)