- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- Part of the northern Georgia. No. 3. Compiled under the direction of Capt. Wm. E. Merrill, Chief Top'l Eng'r, D.C.
- Merrill, W. E. 1837-1891.
- Contributor to Resource:
- Margedant, Wm. C.
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n.]
- Date of Original:
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- Covers Atlanta region.
Dated from a similar printed map by William E. Merrill.
Relief shown by hachures.
"Lithographed Topo'l Eng'r Office, Head-Quarters, Dep't of the Cumberland."
Endorsed (facsim.): Official issue. Wm. C. Margedant, capt. & supt.
In (Washington : Library of Congress, 1989), p. 130. "Sheet 'no. 2' of 3 sheets is printed on cloth for the use of cavalry officers during Gen. W. T. Sherman's Atlanta campaign. This sheet shows the environs of Atlanta and indicates towns and villages, roads, railroads, drainage, and some relief by hachures. Troop positions and movements are not indicated."
Map 1864/m4 and Map 1864/n6.
Copy received from State Library of Georgia has some colored tracings in Marietta-Atlanta vicinity and a compass-like drawing on verso.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map : cloth ; 50 x 32 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library