Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- Atlanta : from Vincent's subdivision map, published by the City Council
- United States. Army of the Cumberland. Topographical Engineers Office.
- [Chattanooga, Tenn.?] : Topl. Engr. Office, Hd. Qrs. A. C.
- Date of Original:
- Atlanta (Ga.)--Maps
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- maps (documents)
- Still Image
- From Vincent's subdivision map of the city of Atlanta, Dekalb County, state of Georgia. Savannah : Edward A. Vincent, 185-.
Includes numbered building index.
LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, mounted on paper.
This is the map commissioned for use by General W. T. Sherman in the siege of Atlanta and is printed on linen. A unique copy, it is one of the most important of Civil War maps in the its significance to Georgia and the outcome of the war.
- External Identifiers:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map : cloth ; 39 x 26 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library