- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- Map of North and South Carolina and Georgia : constructed from the latest authorities
- Young, J. H. (James Hamilton)
- Philadelphia : A. Finley
- Date of Original:
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
United States, Southern States, 33.346678, -84.119434
- Prime meridans: Wahsington and Greenwich.
From: Finley (Anthony). A new American Atlas...Philadelphia, A. Finley, 1826.
Shows state and county boundaries, cities, towns, railroads, drainage, and other points of interest.
Covers also part of Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida.
Relief shown pictorially.
Prime meridians: Washington and Greenwich.
Includes inset of table listing white, free black & slave population of each county based on Census of 1820.
Phillips, List of Maps of America, p. 617.
Phillips, Atlases 1378, no. 8.
Does not differ from 1824 issue except in title date.
Scale [ca. 1:1,774,000]
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map : col. ; 42 x 53 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library