Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- A plan of the harbour of St. Augustin in the province of Georgia / composed and published from surveys deposited in the Office of the Right Honourable the Lords of Trade by J.F.W. Des Barres, Esqr.
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824
- [London : J.F.W. Des Barres, 1780]
- Date of Original:
- Harbors--Florida--Saint Augustine--Maps--Early works to 1800
Saint Augustine (Fla.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- United States, Florida, Saint Johns County, Saint Augustine, 29.89469, -81.31452
- Still Image
- Depths shown by soundings.
"Note: The soundings expressed in the plan were taken at High Water."
From: Des Barres, J F W. The Atlantic Neptune. London : 1774-1781 (see note in DeRenne, 1220) or in the author's Charts of the coast and harbours of New England. London : 1780.
Cf. Phillips, Atlases, Vol. I, nos. 1198-1205, and Phillips, Lowery Collection, nos. 3654-3659.
Scale [ca. 1:9,700].
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map : uncol. ; 70 x 100 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library