- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- Map of the British and French dominions in North America
A map of the British and French dominions in North America, with the roads, distances, limits, and extent of the settlements / by Jno. Mitchell, d.f. with improvements.
- Mitchell, John, 1711-1768
- Amsterdam : Printed for I. Covens and C. Mortier
- Date of Original:
- British--America--Maps--Early works to 1800
United States--History--French and Indian War, 1754-1763
North America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- North America, 46.07323, -100.54688
- "This map was undertaken with the Approbation and at the request of the Lords Commissioners for Trade and Plantations...John Pownall, Secretary. Plantation Office Feby. 13th, 1755".
Insets: 1) A new map of Hudson's Bay and Labrador; 2) Plan de la ville de Quebec; 3) Plan du port et ville de Louisbourg, dans l'Isle Royal; 4) Plan of the town of Halifax in Nova Scotia. (Insets have various scales).
Title from cartouche, lower right.
Key to symbols.
Generous notes on face of map.
From: Covens, J. and Mortier, C. Atlas nouveau contenant toutes les parties du monde...Vol. IX, nos. 47-50.
Phillips, Atlases, no. 3448.
Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000]
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map : col. ; 136 x 190 cm., on 4 sheets each 68 x 95 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library