Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- Accurate map of the West Indies exhibiting not only all the islands possess'd by the English, French, Spaniards & Dutch, but also all the towns and settlements on the continent of America adjacent thereto
- Bowen, Emanuel, d. 1767
- London : printed for E. Cave at St. Johns Gate, 1740
- Date of Original:
- West Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
Caribbean Area--Maps--Early works to 1800
Central America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Caribbean, 20.38583, -72.33398
Central America, 25.32417, -99.66797
United States, Southern States, 33.346678, -84.119434
West Indies, 19.38333, -71.21667
- maps (documents)
- Still Image
- Relief shown pictorially.
Also shows southern United States, Central America, and northern South America.
"Where may be had just publish'd for the use of the curious as well as students, in one vol: 8 vo., Geography reformed; or, A new system of general geography, according to an accurate analysis of ye science; augmented with several necessary branches omitted by former authors in 4 parts to which is added a copious index, answering ye end of a geographical dictionary".
Includes explanatory notes.
Detached from and originally published in: The Gentleman's magazine, v. 10 (1740), p. 241.
Map shows landforms, drainage, cities, prevailing winds, and other landmarks.
Scale [Ca. 1:13,500,000]
Map not to scale
- External Identifiers:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map : uncol. ; 29 x 38 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library