- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- New map of his majesty's flourishing province of South Carolina
A new mapp of his maiestys flourishing province of South Carolina : shewing ye settlements of y[e] English, French and Indian nation / Jn. Herbert
- Herbert, John, fl. 1727
- Date of Original:
- Cities and towns--Georgia--Maps--Early works to 1800
South Carolina--Maps--Early works to 1800
Cities and towns--South Carolina--Maps--Early works to 1800
North Carolina--Maps--Early works to 1800
Cities and towns--North Carolina--Maps--Early works to 1800
Georgia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- United States, North Carolina, 35.50069, -80.00032
United States, South Carolina, 34.00043, -81.00009
United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- Covers North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and northern Florida.
"True copy from an original done by Colonel John Herbert deceased late commissioner of the Indian trade who often was in these nations which original in his own hand writing he has shewn me as a very just & correct mapp thereof. Certified this 11th day of June, 1744. By George Hunter, surveyor general."--Upper left corner.
DeRenne, p. 1198.
MS map, mounted on linen.
Scale not given.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map ; 71 x 82 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library