Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- [Southeastern North America]
- Barnwell, John, ca. 1671-1724
- Date of Original:
- Human settlements--Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
Southern States--Discovery and exploration--Maps--Early works to 1800
Indians of North America--Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
Trade routes--Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- United States, Southern States, 33.346678, -84.119434
- maps (documents)
- Still Image
- Original manuscript drawing.
Original map dated between 1721-1724.
DeRenne, p. 1198.
"The original of this Map was drawn by Col. Barnveldt, who commanded several Expeditions against the Indians in the time of the Indian War, and also served under Col. Moore, in all his expeditions in the said War. It is highly approved of by Leuitenant [sic] Governour Bull, who is allowed to be the best Judge of Carolina and the Indian Countrys round it, of any Person, now in the Province."
Under the "Explanation" appears "B The Town of Savanna in Georgia."
Covers North America from the Mississipi River to the Atlantic coast; from Cape Charles, Virginia to Cape Canaveral, Florida.
50 miles = ca. 2 9/16 inches
- External Identifiers:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 79 x 135 cm.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library