- Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library Rare Map Collection
- Cumberland and the ancient citie Carlile described with many memorable antiquities therein found observed / performed by Iohn Speed
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629
- [London] : Sould in Popes head alley by the exchange by I. Sudbury and Georg. Humble, 1610.
- Date of Original:
- Carlisle (England)--Maps--Early works to 1800
Cumberland (England)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- United Kingdom, England, Carlisle, 54.892473, -2.932931
United Kingdom, England, Cumberland, 51.479382, -0.28927
- Contains detailed description of the Picts Wall, examples of 5 monuments erected by Romans, plan of Carlile with explanation, Earles' of Carlile crests.
Verso is alphabetical table of all towns, rivers & memorable places mentioned in Cumberland from The Theatre of the Empire of Great Britaine, Bk. 1, Chapt. 44, p.88 together with Chapt. 44, p.87).
Relief shown pictorially.
Includes descriptive text, inset of "Carlile" and illus.
Scale [ca. 1:253,440]
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [Title], [map number], Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, University of Georgia Libraries.
- 1 map : 52 x 38 cm
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library