- William R. Mitchell Jr. Photograph Collection, 1889-1986
- Factors' Walk and Cotton Exchange
- William R. Mitchell Jr. photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- United States, Georgia, Chatham County, Savannah, 32.08354, -81.09983
- color photographs
- Still Image
- View of Factors' Walk and the Cotton Exchange from Bay Street in Savannah, Georgia.
When cotton was the main industry in Savannah, factors - or brokers - set prices in the Cotton Exchange, which is part of a long range of buildings known as Factors' Row. Factor's Walk, a series of raised walkways, connect the buildings to the bluff. River Street Plaza stretches from the brick buildings to the waterfront.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 222.010.206
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center