- Raymond B. Nixon Photographs, 1943
- SS Henry W. Grady Launch
- Terhune, Harold J.
- Raymond B. Nixon Photographs, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, Atlanta, GA.
- Date of Original:
- J.A. Jones Construction Company
Henry W. Grady (Ship)
Rites and ceremonies--Georgia--Brunswick
United States--Social life and customs
World War, 1939-1945--War work
Grady, Henry W. III, Mrs.
Black, Augusta Evans Grady
- United States, Georgia, Glynn County, Brunswick, 31.1499528, -81.4914894
- black-and-white photographs
- View of sponsors Mrs. Eugene Black (with flowers) and Mrs. Henry W. Grady III (to the left and behind Mrs. Black) at the launch of the SS Henry W. Grady in Brunswick, Georgia.
world war ii; ww ii
The SS Henry W. Grady, named after Atlanta journalist Henry Grady, was a liberty ship. The Liberty ships were a series of cargo ships built by the United States during World War II. The steamship Henry W. Grady was launched in 1943.
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center