- Francis E. Price Photograph Collection, 1906-1928, undated
- Berry College
- Price, Francis E., ?-1928
- Francis E. Price Photograph Collection, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Carriages and coaches--1910-1920
Clothing and dress--1910-1920
Martha Berry School For Girls
Berry, Martha, 1866-1942
Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919
- United States, Georgia, Floyd County, Rome, 34.25704, -85.16467
- View of President Theodore Roosevelt with Martha Berry of Berry College during a his visit to the Martha Berry School for Girls in north Georgia.
The Martha Berry School for Girls was founded by Martha Berry as a high school for girls of impoverished rural families in 1909. The school was located just outside of Rome Georgia. This school and the Martha Berry School for Boys were closed after Martha Berry's death in 1942. The college she founded, Berry College, remains open.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 02.05.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center