- Kathleen Moon Photographs
- Atlanta, Georgia, Chastain Memorial Park
- Moon, Kathleen
- Kathleen Moon Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Chastain Memorial Park, 33.8712146, -84.3910383
- [further information on reverse of photograph]
View of the amphitheater at Chastain Memorial Park in Atlanta, Georgia.
North Fulton Park was renamed in 1946 after Troy Chastain who was the Fulton County commissioner that led the development of the county park system. The theater was built by the WPA in the late 1930's. The city of Atlanta took jurisdiction over the park in 1952. The park is currently run by the Chastain Park Civic Association.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 129.02.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center