- Arthur S. Montgomery Photograph Collection
- Delivery Trucks
- 8 x 10 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print
Arthur S. Montgomery Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Business enterprises--Georgia--Atlanta
Coca-Cola Bottling Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of a delivery truck for the Coca-Cola Bottling Company in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Coca-Cola Company originated in Atlanta, Georgia in 1886 when druggist John Pemberton and his partners invented and patented a new soda fountain tonic. Businessman Asa Griggs Candler purchased the formula in 1887, and he and his successors grew the company into the world's largest manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 87.15.19
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center