Description These photographs depict the facilities, employees, and marketing efforts of the Atlanta Coca Cola Bottling Company during the first half of the Twentieth Century. The collection is an excellent source for those interested in the operations of the soft drink company during this time period. Included are exterior and interior photographs of bottling plants in Atlanta, delivery trucks, vending machines, and billboards, signs, displays, and parade floats advertising Coca-Cola. The collection also contains photographs of Coca-Cola executives, plant workers, sales staff, and truck drivers., The Atlanta Coca Cola Bottling Company was established in 1900 by Joseph Whitehead and J.T. Lupton. It was the second company authorized by the Coca Cola Company to bottle the product (the first was established shortly before in Chattanooga, TN). Mr. Arthur L. Montgomery became associated with the Coca-Cola Company in 1903 and served as President from 1922 until 1940. He was succeeded by his nephew Mr. Lafayette ("L.F.") Montgomery who served as President from 1940 to 1958 (most of the photographs in this collection were taken during "L.F.'s" tenure). He, in turn, succeeded as President in 1958 by his son Mr. Arthur S. Montgomery.