- Arthur S. Montgomery Photograph Collection
- Bottling Plant (Exteriors) Auburn Avenue
- Date of Original:
- Business enterprises--Georgia--Atlanta
Coca-Cola Bottling Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Auburn Avenue, 33.755509, -84.376596
- View of an unidentified man in a car in front of the Coca-Cola Bottling plant on 78 Auburn Avenue in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Coca-Cola Company originated in Atlanta, Georgia in 1886 when druggist John Pemberton and his partners invented and patented a new soda fountain tonic. Businessman Asa Griggs Candler purchased the formula in 1887, and he and his successors grew the company into the world's largest manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 87.07.01
- Metadata URL:
- Additional Rights Information:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- 3 x 3 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print
- Original Collection:
- MSS 164, Arthur S. Montgomery Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center