- Marion Johnson Photograph Collection
- Lake Allatoona
- Johnson, Marion, 1917-1998
- Date of Original:
- Lakes and ponds--Georgia
- United States, Georgia, Cherokee County, Lake Allatoona, 34.132958, -84.624359
- View of a sailing vessel on Lake Allatoona in north Georgia.
Lake Allatoona (rarely called Allatoona Lake, the name is derived from a government dam project) is located in the northwestern Metropolitan Atlant region, and was built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The lake was authorized by the Flood Control Acts of 1941 and 1946, and supplies much of the drinking water for the surrounding counties. It is also a popular for summer recreation activities.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 33.125.12
- Metadata URL:
- 2 1/4 in. or smaller black and white safety film
- Original Collection:
- Marion Johnson Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center