- Marion Johnson Photograph Collection
- Holy Innocents Church
- Johnson, Marion, 1917-1998
- Date of Original:
Holy Innocents Church (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of Holy Innocents Church in the Sandy Springs area of Atlanta, Georgia.
Holy Innocents Church was founded in 1872 as a mission Sunday school at the corner of Ponce de Leon and Juniper Streets. In 1878 a tornado demolished the structure and Holy Innocents' moved from home to home, until a location on Spring Street could be built in 1896. In 1954, the ministry moved to the Sandy Springs area, a suburb of Atlanta.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 33.29.21
- Metadata URL:
- 4 x 5 in. black and white safety film
- Original Collection:
- Marion Johnson Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center