North Fulton Park

Collection:
Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963
Title:
North Fulton Park
Creator:
Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
Publisher:
Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Date of Original:
1954
Subject:
Parks--Georgia--Atlanta
Signs (Notices)--Georgia--Atlanta
Golf courses--Georgia--Atlanta
North Fulton Park (Atlanta, Ga.)
Chastain Park (Atlanta, Ga.)
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Buckhead, 33.837266, -84.406761
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
View of the sign on the property of Chastain Park in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia.
Chastain Park was developed beginning in the early 1940s. Originally named North Fulton Park, it was later renamed after Fulton County Commissioner Troy Chastain in 1946. The park currently contains a golf course, baseball fields, a horse park, picnic areas, and an amphitheater.
Local Identifier:
VIS 172.098.004
ahc172098004a.jpg
Metadata URL:
http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/JCF/id/89
Rights Holder:
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
Additional Rights Information:
Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
Extent:
35 mm color transparency
Holding Institution:
Atlanta History Center

Locations