- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963
- Kimball House
- Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Kimball House (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Pryor Street, 33.743485, -84.394499
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Plaza Park, 33.753162, -84.3899269
- View of the Kimball House Hotel from Pryor Street in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The Kimball House was originally built in 1870 by businessman H. I. Kimball. The six-story building was the largest hotel in Atlanta at that time, and was bound by Peachtree Street, Wall Street, Decatur Street, and Pryor Street. In August of 1883, the first Kimball House hotel was destroyed by fire, and a second hotel was built on the same spot in 1885, and was also named the Kimball House. In 1959, the second Kimball House was demolished and a parking garage built where it once stood.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 172.094.002
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center