- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963
- Henry Grady High School
- Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Henry Grady High School (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Midtown, 33.7868, -84.3795
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Piedmont Park, 33.7861, -84.3733
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, 10th Street, 33.781517, -84.400832
- View looking south at Henry Grady High School from the grounds of Piedmont Park in the Midtown area of Atlanta, Georgia.
Established in 1872, Boys High School was one of the first public schools in the city of Atlanta. It remained a school for white males until it merged with Girls High and Tech High in 1947 to form Henry Grady High School. It was integrated in 1961. The school occupied several locations throughout the city until 1924, when it was re-located to Charles Allen Drive and 10th Street.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 172.086.001
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center