- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963
- Davison's Department Store
- Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Department stores--Georgia--Atlanta
Davison's (Retail store)
Roxy Theater (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Peachtree Street, 33.804803, -84.393633
- View of Davison's Department Store and the Roxy Theater on Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Founded as Davison-Paxon and later Davison-Paxon-Stokes, Davison's was a dry goods company that sold out to R.H. Macy & Company in 1925. In 1927, a building was constructed on 180 Peachtree Street that housed the store for nearly 60 years. In January 1985 Davison's and Macy's Midwest were combined into one division, Macy's Atlanta.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 172.068.001
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center