Crawford Long Hospital

Collection:
Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963
Title:
Crawford Long Hospital
Creator:
Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
Publisher:
Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Date of Original:
1954
Subject:
Hospitals--Georgia--Atlanta
Automobiles--1950-1960
Parking lots--Georgia--Atlanta
Billboards--Georgia--Atlanta
Crawford Long Hospital (Atlanta, Ga.)
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
View of Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital located on 35 Linden Avenue near downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital was established in 1906 as a sanatorium by Dr. luther C. Fischer. Originally named the Davis-Fischer Sanitorium, it was located on Crew Street at its founding, but a new building was built on Linden Avenue in 1910. The name was changed to Crawford W. Long Memorial Hospital in 1931 as a memorial to the Georgia physician who first discovered the use of either as an anesthetic.
Local Identifier:
VIS 172.066.001
ahc172066001a.jpg
Metadata URL:
http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/JCF/id/53
Rights Holder:
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
Additional Rights Information:
Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
Extent:
35 mm color transparency
Holding Institution:
Atlanta History Center

Locations