- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963
- Atlantic Steel Company
- Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Industrial facilities--Georgia--Atlanta
Atlantic Steel Company (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, 14th Street, 33.786187, -84.398739
- View of the corporate office of the Atlantic Steel Company, Warehouse Division of 575 14th Street in Atlanta, Georgia.
Atlantic Steel was the first steel mill in Georgia. It was founded in 1901 as Atlanta Hoop Company to make cotton bale ties and barrel hoops. It was reorganized into Atlantic Steel Company in 1915 and broadened its product lines over the years. Operations at the plant were discontinued in 1998.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 172.012.001
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center