- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, 1954, 1963
- Atlanta Naval Air Station
- Fisch, Joseph C., 1907-1966
- Joseph C. Fisch Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Military facilities--Georgia--Chamblee
DeKalb-Peachtree Airport (Chamblee, Ga.)
Naval Air Station (Chamblee, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, DeKalb County, Chamblee, 33.8920469, -84.2988126
- View of a runway at the Atlanta Naval Air Station (later named DeKalb-Peachtree Airport) in Chamblee, Georgia.
Camp Gordon was a training camp for the U.S. Army during World War I. The camp opened in 1917 and was located in Chamblee, Georgia, a few miles north of Atlanta. Camp Gordon was the training ground of the 82nd Division, American Expeditionary Forces. The site was home to the Naval Air Station in World War II, and later, DeKalb-Peachtree Airport.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 172.010.001
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through the Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreements may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center