- Belle Isle Family Photographs, circa 1900-1940
- Franklin Roosevelt visit to Atlanta
- Belle Isle Family Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Presidential candidiates--United States
Clothing and dress--1930-1940
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- View of people gathered outside an unidentified residence in Georgia to hear presidential candidate Franklin Delano Roosevelt speak during his 1932 campaign.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was the 32nd President of the United States, and served from 1933 until his death in 1945. He was Governor of New York, prior to being elected president. Roosevelt was a frequent visitor to Warm Springs, Georgia after he contacted polio. He utilized the pools at the resort town to heal his legs. Roosevelt visited Georgia over forty-one times between 1924 and 1945, and consequently endeared himself to many of the state's residents.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 146.01.46
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 4 x 5 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center