- Stephen Goldfarb Photographs, 1979
- Techwood Homes
- Goldfarb, Stephen
- Stephen Goldfarb Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Techwood Homes (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of a sculpture at Techwood Homes in Atlanta, Georgia.
Techwood Homes was the first public housing project in the United States. It was dedicated by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1935, but not completed until 1936. Techwood Homes was initially provided public housing for white families only. It was operated by the Atlanta Housing Authority. Techwood Homes was demolished in 1996 to make way for Centennial Place during the 1996 Summer Olympics.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 151.04.05
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center