Piedmont Driving Club

Collection:
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc., 1960-1981, undated
Title:
Piedmont Driving Club
Publisher:
Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
Date of Original:
1963-11
Subject:
Buildings--Georgia--Atlanta
Automobiles--1960-1970
Vehicles--Georgia--Atlanta
Piedmont Driving Club (Atlanta, Ga.)
Location:
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, Midtown, 33.7868, -84.3795
Medium:
photographs
Type:
StillImage
Format:
image/jpeg
Description:
View of the Piedmont Driving Club in the Midtown area of Atlanta, Georgia.
The Piedmont Driving Club is a private country club established in 1887 and located on 1215 Piedmont Avenue in Atlanta, Georgia. It was originally named the Gentlemen's Driving Club and its members used the adjacent Piedmont Park as its golf course until the club sold the land to the city of Atlanta. In 2000 a new golf course was built on Camp Creek Parkway.
Local Identifier:
VIS 139.40.04
ahc139040004a.jpg
Metadata URL:
http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/caprogress/id/304
Rights Holder:
This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Additional Rights Information:
Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
Extent:
35 mm color transparency
Holding Institution:
Atlanta History Center

Locations