- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc., 1960-1981, undated
- Presidential Campaign Visit to Atlanta by Richard Nixon
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Parades and processions--Georgia--Atlanta
Clothing and dress--1960-1970
Political parades and rallies--Georgia--Atlanta
Presidential candidiates--United States
Ticker tape parades--Georgia--Atlanta
Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
- View of a ticker tape parade held for presidential candidate Richard Nixon (not pictured) in Atlanta, Georgia during his political campaign visit.
Born in Yorba Linda, California, Richard Nixon was the 37th President of the United States. He served in that capacity from 1969-1974, when he resigned from office after a series of political scandals. He served as Vice President under President Dwight Eisenhower from 1953-1961. He ran unsuccessfully for President against Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960. He served in the Congress, both as a member of the House of Representatives and the Senate before his two terms as Vice President.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 139.205.18
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center