- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc., 1960-1981, undated
- Fox Theater
- Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Fox Theater (Atlanta, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Fulton County, Atlanta, 33.749, -84.38798
United States, Georgia, Atlanta, Peachtree Street, 33.804803, -84.393633
- View of the marquee of the Fox Theater on Peachtree Street at night in Atlanta Georgia.
The Fox Theater opened in 1929 as a movie house, but has since hosted a number of other cultural and artistic events including the Atlanta Ballet, a summer film series, and performances for various national touring companies of Broadway shows. Originally intended as the Yaarab Temple Shrine Mosque, a headquarters for the Shriners organization, the Fox Theater was completed with financing by movie mogul William Fox.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 139.66.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 35 mm color transparency
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center