- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs, 1961-1962, undated
- Stone Mountain
- Hughes, W. Hardin
- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
Stone carving--Georgia--Stone Mountain
State parks and reserves--Georgia--Stone Mountain
- United States, Georgia, DeKalb County, Stone Mountain, 33.8081608, -84.170196
United States, Georgia, Stone Mountain, Stone Mountain State Park, 33.832909, -84.151386
- View of Stone Mountain, Stone Mountain Georgia.
Stone Mountain is composed of granite and has a bas-relief sculpture of Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee and Jefferson Davis carved into its face. The carving was conceived by Helen Plane in 1909, and carved by several artists whose work was subsequently removed from the mountain. In 1964 Walker Hancock took up the carving and it was completed by Roy Faulkner in 1970. The state purchased Stone Mountain in 1958 and it is now a state park.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 112.59.07
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. black and white print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center