- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs, 1961-1962, undated
- Warm Springs
- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Springs--Georgia--Warm Springs
Historic buildings--Georgia--Warm Springs
Historic sites--Georgia--Warm Springs
Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945
Little White House (Warm Springs, Ga.)
- United States, Georgia, Meriwether County, Warm Springs, 32.8904081, -84.6810381
- View of the Little White House at Warm Springs, Georgia.
Warm Springs, Georgia became known as a resort town during the 19th century. Franklin Delano Roosevelt vacationed at the springs to improve his health and he founded a rehabilitation center, the Georgia Warm Springs Foundation, now the Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation, for polio victims at the springs. In 1945 Roosevelt died while at his retreat, known as "The Little White House," located in Warm Springs Georgia.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 112.68.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. black and white print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center