- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs, 1961-1962, undated
- Tallulah Gorge State Park
- Carter, Carolyn
- Atlanta Blue Print and Graphics Company Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Date of Original:
- Mountains--Georgia--Tallulah Falls
Hydroelectric power--Georgia--Tallulah Falls
Water power--Georgia--Tallulah Falls
State parks and reserves--Georgia--Tallulah Falls
- United States, Georgia, Habersham County, Tallulah Falls, 34.7306498, -83.3943316
United States, Georgia, Rabun County, 34.8816822, -83.4021366
United States, Georgia, Tallulah Falls, Tallulah Gorge State Park, 34.740122, -83.390468
- View of Tallulah River just before the dam in Tallulah Gorge State Park, Tallulah Falls, Georgia.
Tallulah Gorge became a state park in 1992, previously the gorge had been a tourist attraction. Georgia Power built a dam across the river in 1913, and began power generation there in 1914.
- Local Identifier:
- VIS 112.60.01
- Metadata URL:
- Rights Holder:
- This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U. S. Code) Permission for use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
- Additional Rights Information:
- Please contact holding institution for information regarding use and copyright status.
- 8 x 10 in. black and white print
- Holding Institution:
- Atlanta History Center