Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Picturing Augusta: Historic Postcards from the Collection of the Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System
- Allen Park, Augusta, Ga.
- [S.l.] : Murphy & Farrar
- Date of Original:
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, Augusta, 33.47097, -81.97484
- picture postcards
- Still Image
- Turn-of-the-twentieth century postcard image depicting a bridge in Allen Park in Augusta, Georgia. Sutherland Mills appears in the background of the image. Allen Park was one of several city parks to be opened along the Augusta Canal during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Located at the northeast corner of Fifteenth Street and May Avenue, Allen Park was frequented by the families of nearby factory and mill workers.
Front of postcard: "Hand-Colored."
Original postcard scanned and described by the Digital Library of Georgia as a part of Georgia HomePLACE: an initiative of the Georgia Public Library Service and GALILEO.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of postcard], Augusta and Environs Picture Post Cards in Color, Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 postcard : col. ill.
- Holding Institution:
- Augusta-Richmond County Public Library