Copy the below HTML to embed this viewer into your website.
- Picturing Augusta: Historic Postcards from the Collection of the Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System
- Tee No. 1, Country Club golf links, Augusta, Ga.
- Atlanta ; New York : Valentine & Sons' Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Date of Original:
- Country clubs--Georgia--Augusta--Pictorial works
Golf courses--Georgia--Augusta--Pictorial works
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, Augusta, 33.47097, -81.97484
- picture postcards
- Still Image
- Postcard image, circa 1902, of golfers and spectators standing in and around the tee box of hole number one at Augusta Country Club in Augusta, Georgia. The clubhouse appears in the upper right portion of the image. In the early 1900s, two golf courses, the Lake course and the Hill course, were available for play at Augusta Country Club. Both courses began and finished at the clubhouse.
Front of postcard: "206,533. [J.V. in a circle (publisher's mark)]."
Original postcard scanned and described by the Digital Library of Georgia as a part of Georgia HomePLACE: an initiative of the Georgia Public Library Service and GALILEO.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of postcard], Augusta and Environs Picture Post Cards in Color, Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 postcard : col. ill.
- Holding Institution:
- Augusta-Richmond County Public Library