- Picturing Augusta: Historic Postcards from the Collection of the Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System
- Greene St., looking east from Center St., Augusta, Ga.
Greene Street, looking east from Center Street, Augusta, Ga.
- Augusta : Albion News Company
- Date of Original:
- Greene Street (Augusta, Ga.)--Pictorial works
Signers Monument (Augusta, Ga.)
- Walton, George, 1749 or 1750-1804--Monuments--Georgia--Augusta
Gwinnett, Button, approximately 1735-1777--Monuments--Georgia--Augusta
Hall, Lyman, 1724-1790--Monuments--Georgia--Augusta
- United States, Georgia, Richmond County, Augusta, 33.47097, -81.97484
- picture postcards
- Turn-of-the-twentieth century streetscape image looking east on Greene Street in Augusta, Georgia. Signers Monument appears in the distance. Located on Greene Street, Signers Monument recognizes Georgia's three signatories of the Declaration of Independence: George Walton, Lyman Hall, and Button Gwinnett. The granite obelisk monument was designed by Robert French, and dedicated July 4, 1848. Additionally, Signers Monument marks the final resting place for George Walton and Lyman Hall.
Original postcard scanned and described by the Digital Library of Georgia as a part of Georgia HomePLACE: an initiative of the Georgia Public Library Service and GALILEO.
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- IIIF manifest:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of postcard], Augusta and Environs Picture Post Cards in Color, Augusta-Richmond County Public Library System, as presented in the Digital Library of Georgia.
- 1 postcard : col. ill.
- Holding Institution:
- Augusta-Richmond County Public Library