- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Extract from the minutes [of the] E[xecutive] C[ouncil], 1789 Apr. 10 / [prepared by] J[ames] Meriwether
- Date of Original:
- Indians of North America--Government relations
United States. Office of Indian Affairs
Georgia. Executive Council
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- legal documents
minutes (administrative records)
- This is an extract from the minutes of the Executive Council containing order of council dated April 10, 1789 and prepared by the secretary of the Council, James Meriwether. The order directs the secretary of state and the secretary of the council to furnish the commissioners of Indian affairs with any original papers relative to that department and the duties of its offices.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 37, folder 16, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
10th April 1789
That the Secretary of the State and Secy [Secretary] of this Board, do furnish the Commissioner of Indian Affairs with such original papers relative to that Department now in their respective Offices as shall be deemed necessary.
Extract from the Minutes
[Signed] J [James] Meriwether Sy E. C [Secretary of Executive Council]
Order for giving
up original papers