- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Extract from the minutes [of the] E[xecutive] C[ouncil], 1786 Feb. 14 / [prepared by] G[eorge] Handley
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Government relations
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- legal documents
minutes (administrative records)
- This is an extract from the minutes of the Executive Council containing an order of council dated February 14, 1786 and prepared by the secretary of the Council, George Handley. The order directs that Daniel McMurphy be appointed as Agent to the Creek Indians, that a commission be provided for him, and that he take up residence in the Creek Nation.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 1 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 37, folder 14, document 04.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
14th. February 1786.
Daniel McMurphy, esquire, appointed Agent for the Creek Indians, by the Honorable House of Assembly of the
10th. instant [document damaged] and quali [document damaged] able to the Law.
Ordered, that the Secretary of State do prepare a Commission for Daniel McMurphy as Agent to the Creek [deleted text: Nation ] Indians . He is to reside in the Creek Nation.
An Extract from the Minutes
[Signed] G. [George] Handley S. E. C. [Secretary of Executive Council]