- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Extract from the minutes [of the] E[xecutive] C[ouncil], 1786 Aug. 2 / [prepared by] G[eorge] Handley
- Date of Original:
- Indians of North America--Land tenure
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- legal documents
minutes (administrative records)
- This is an extract from the minutes of the Executive Council containing an order dated August 2, 1786 and prepared by the secretary of the Council, George Handley. The order directs the secretary of state to report the plats of land (presumably held by whites) that are suspected of being within the prescribed limits of the Indian hunting grounds.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 37, folder 14, document 03.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
2nd. [deleted text: July ] August 1786
A Resolve of the Honble. [Honorable] House of Assembly of this day was laid before the Board & read,
Whereupon Ordered, that the Secretary of State without delay report such platts [plats] with the dates, as have been arrested in Council under the suspicion of being within the limits of the Hunting Grounds assigned the Indians.
Extract from the Minutes.
[Signed] G. [George] Handley Secy E C [Secretary of Executive Council] [added text (appears to be different hand and ink): re: Indians ]