- Southeastern Native American Documents, 1730-1842
- Account [of] the Governor of Georgia, 1785
- Date of Original:
- Creek Indians--Government relations
Indian agents--Appropriations and expenditures
- United States, Georgia, 32.75042, -83.50018
- This is an account of expenditures of the Governor of Georgia (probably Samuel Elbert, 1785-1786), dated 1785. Among the expenses enumerated in the account are payment for Indian commissioners and expresses hired to transport Creek Indians. The debt appears to have been paid by cash received from confiscated estates.
Digital image and encoded transcription of an original manuscript, scanned, transcribed and encoded by the Digital Library of Georgia in 2001, as part of GALILEO, funded in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Local Identifier:
- Metadata URL:
- Digital Object URL:
- Bibliographic Citation (Cite As):
- Cite as: [title of item], Telamon Cuyler, Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, presented in the Digital Library of Georgia
- 2 pages/leaves
- Original Collection:
- Manuscript held by the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library, The University of Georgia Libraries, Telamon Cuyler, box 37, folder 03, document 01.
- Holding Institution:
- Hargrett Library
[ Note: Check marks appear before most of the items in the table below. ]
Dr. -- The State of Georgia in [unclear text: Acco. ] with the Governor for the Expenditure of £163..11/3. -- C
received of the Commr. [Commissioner] of Confiscated Estates.
1785. 22 June pd. [paid] the Indian Commr. [Commissioner] 50 dols £11..13..4
pd. [paid] Mr. Anderson in Savanah & Augusta 3.3 dollars 7..14..
pd. [paid] Mr. Clements in Savannah 5..8..10
pd. [paid] Major Handley in Savannah 10..13..4
5 July pd. [paid] hire of two waggons [wagons] to bring the Council, the Secretarys & the Surveyor Genl. [General] papers from Sav. [Savannah] 18.14..11
paid two Expresses to the Alatamaha & back to Sav. [Savannah] to meet & Conduct the Creek Indians down to [illegible text] two of them recd. [received] of Mr. Woodruff. 2..3..6
16 paid Mr. Wereat for a bill on philadelphia for the delegates 400 dollars. 93..6..8
[deleted text: [illegible text] ] [deleted text: [illegible text] ]
[deleted text: £ [illegible text] ]
24 Augt. [August] paid [deleted text: Jesse ] the honbl. [honorable] Jesse Sanders 4..12..2
do. [ditto] the honbl. [honorable] J: King 4.12.2
do. [ditto] the Honbl: [Honorable] Alexr: [Alexander] [unclear text: Irvine ] 4..12..2
By Cash recd. [received] of the Commr [Commissioner] of Confiscated Estates. £163.11..3
His Honor the Governors Acct [Account] Current read in Council
20th Decr [December] 1785